Monday, March 18, 2013

It Has Been a Busy Winter

This has been a really busy and eventful winter. As far as my goals of trying new things in the workout world, things are going great, as far as dropping weight, not as great, but I am still working on it and I feel great. So here are a few of the highlights of the last couple of months:
WORK OUTS:
    I had to have a cortisone shot in my knee a few weeks ago. Everyone told me how much these hurt, but honestly, my doc has a magic touch and it was not bad at all and it felt great immediately.  It actually feels amazing but the ortho suggest lots of cross training to add to my running. More reason to keep trying new stuff. I have been doing yoga and spin at Madison Improvement a few times a month. I really enjoying yoga at Madison. It is tough, but Brain plays music and makes it super fun as well as relaxing and spin there is too fun...they call it Party on a Bike, so there ya go.

   I have also been doing twice a week workouts at Orange Theory at Arcadia. It is a super fun, super challenging workout that is a combo of cardio intervals and core and strength training. The best part is they monitor your heart rate on a TV screen while you workout and you can monitor your intensity and see your end results...very fun and you can see the view is not too shabby.
I am also still running and swimming which I ALWAYS LOVE. I am so blessed to be able to do so many fun things and have so many great friends and a husband who always support me along the way.
10K at GCU
Swim practice workout at PSC
WORK: Mario and I have had a good winter in this department as well. Mario was named Supervisor of the Quarter...yes he does ROCK thanks for noticing General Dynamics. 
   I was surprised and honored to get the Achievement Above All award for my high school. I work with so many amazing folks, I was pretty shocked to receive it. Again, I am super blessed to work at a school where going to work is a pleasure and I work with such amazing folks

Hanging with my homey, Tami!!!
LIFE: I often have to pinch myself when I realize how amazing my hubby is...I waited a long tome to get married, but it was worth every minute of waiting and wondering to live life with Mario. Winter is super fun in AZ and we hit just about every street festival, art walk and home tour in Phoenix. We are all about cheap fun, plus we create our own entertainment. No matter how tough a work week may be, weekends are always an adventure. Thanks Mario for always humoring me with goofy shots and self-portraits. I know deep inside you LOVE it.
I think that about catches us up. Spring is now in the air, the smell of orange blossoms are everywhere and more adventures are on the horizon. The goal, is to lose 10 pounds by May. I got the workouts down, it is all about the food at this point....oh yeah, I got this.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's all about enjoying life, and you and Mario have found success in that!

    love you! shelley, carl, connor, & chloe and leo & piper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Wendy. I LOVE Mario's expressions in you guys's pics!

    I've come to the conclusion that I really do need to get serious about cutting WAY back on sugary stuff. The problem is that I love it so much! I'm sighing a lot and fighting myself about it, but I'm on my way...

    ReplyDelete